=^.^=

Some quotes from the past week to start us off:

Setting the scene:

Kitty is sitting on the floor coughing pitifully, and Master is trying to get her to take some throat spray medicine.

Master: “Come on, Kitty.  Your throat will feel better.  I promise it won’t hurt.”

Me: “But it hurt last time!”

Master:  “That was a few years ago, I promise this one is much better.”

Me: (Reluctantly.) Okay…  (Opens mouth)

Master sprays me in the mouth with the throat numbing stuff, and I start coughing, retching, and grabbing my throat.

Me: “OWE! I thought you said it wouldn’t hurt!” :(

Master: “I’m sorry Kitty..  Do you taste cherries?”

Me: “Cherries?!  That is NOT a cherry!”

Master: (Giggling) I love you Kitty. <3

*     *     *     *

Setting the scene:  Usually I draw our nightly bath, but as I was sick last week, Master opted to do it.

Master:  Alright Kitty, I’ve got the tub ready with some oil for you.  Now, get in the tub, and stand with your feet as wide apart as you can, and lean against the wall.

I stand as Master instructs and feel what I think is warm water being dripped all over my back.  Suddenly, I could swear I smell urine.  I turn around.

Me:  “Is that…  Are you peeing on me?”

Master: “Of course.  Do you feel better yet?”

Me:  “Hell yes.”  <3

*     *     *     *     *

Okay, so tomorrow we’re going somewhere I wasn’t planning on talking about on my journal at all, but since Master tweeted about it I figured I would.  I know I’m going to lose some friends for this, because I have a couple friends who are hardcore against what I am about to say, and then there are some of you who just plain won’t believe me.  That’s cool though, I’ve kept quiet about it long enough and I’ve decided that I’m just going to talk about it.  If some people who are my friends decide not to be anymore, then I guess you weren’t real friends to begin with.

Here goes.  *Deep breath*

I support the legalization of medical marijuana.

Let me just start off by saying that I do not smoke Pot.  I don’t smoke cigarettes, and I rarely drink alcohol.  I live a pretty “clean” life.  Most people who hear that I support legalizing medical marijuana are either totally on my side, or totally, completely against it and want nothing to do with me anymore.  Furthermore, apparently most people are under the impression that you cannot support legalizing without being an actual smoker of pot.  Trust me, my allergies are way too bad for me to even burn scented candles half the time, Hell no I’m not going to smoke anything be it pot, cigarettes, or anything else.

So, why would I support medical marijuana then?  Truthfully?  Because I have read both sides of the argument, and I just think that it is silly to keep pot illegal, especially in medical circumstances that it could be helpful.  Lots of people out there could benefit from Pot, including people who don’t smoke it because regulating it would help the economy.  I’ve read lots of information on the topic, and studies show that marijuana is not a gateway drug for people who start smoking it in their twenties and above.  It tends to be a problem for people who are high school age who start smoking it.  But then, so are cigarettes, and alcohol, which are both legal in the US.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m still on the fence about recreational use, but I COMPLETELY support using it for medicinal purposes.

When I was younger, my brother used to smoke pot.  My parents tried to get him into a rehab sort of place, and no one would take him because they told us that pot wasn’t addictive.  Yeah, it’s true that it can be psychologically addictive, but so can chocolate, cake, and pie.  You couldn’t get into rehab for being addicted to brownies, and they’re not letting you in if you’re addicted to cigarettes either.  This, and some other experiences and through lots of research, have lead me to be OK with medical usage, in the right circumstances.

Tomorrow Master and me are going to a Cannabis Convention.  They have education about Marijuana, live music, and lots of cool stuff in support of medical marijuana.  It is supposedly the biggest marijuana convention in the USA, and will have everything there BUT marijuana.  So, that’s where we’re spending our Saturday.  I’m hoping it will be fun, and I look forward to the outing with Master.

Tonight we’re going to go back to Plato’s Closet, and then we’ve got a new Stargate Universe episode calling out name.  I love Stargate. <3  Mew mew!  Have a good weekend everyone.

12 thoughts on “=^.^=

1. lostmaverick says:

*Reads blog entry*
    Hmmm…
    *Re-reads blog entry*
    Hmm…

So…what part of that would make me not want to be your friend ;-)

*hug*

Awe thanks Maverick! :D I’m glad my support of Medical usage doesn’t bother you. ;-)

2. Oooh I so wish we could go too.
    Here the Governor made it clear it was going to be marriage equity or MMJ and marriage equity passed. Not that I’m sad about that but….
    I hope you have a great weekend

Maybe we’ll be able to take pictures. :) Hope you have a good weekend too sweets. :)

3. I hope you have fun and learn lots at the Convention!
    I take my support (without being a user myself) a step further in that even recreational use is acceptable; it would be good for the economy, and I feel that everyone has the right to choose a poison. And of all of them, pot is LESS of a problem causer than either alcohol or tobacco. In my opinion anyway.
    Nya! =^+^=

And those little ‘clips from a kitty’s life’ were fantastic.

Thanks Kitten! :) I am leaning towards recreational use is OK, but I’m still on the fence like I said. I don’t have a problem with it, per se, just the illegality of it bothers me, I think. But it’s good to find other people who support without personally using. Most people tell me they don’t believe I don’t use, because I’m so supportive. *shruggles*

4. * exhales big puff of smoke !

no need to worry lots more people are accepting of pot use, medically or otherwise. I always thought it was strange how alcohol, and cigs are readily available but pot is taboo…ahhhh such is living in America.

Pot makes people behave, alcohol makes people angry !

Have fun at the convention, it ought to be educational and a hell of a lot of fun !

JM

Thanks, JM! :) I don’t get it either, I really, really think Pot should be legal, even though I’ll probably never use it myself, if only because of my allergies. :)

5. Jessie Beth says:

Yea, with marijuana usage, if they would just legalize it and tax the shit..holy hell would there be a fuck ton more tax money for use!!! but, that would be good for the economy and make sense, so yea, never happening *eye roll*

and 2 – loved the two little scenes!! ;) Me and D are working on doing a golden shower sometime. :)

Yeah, I hear you. Especially after yesterday’s convention, I am feeling more and more like I just want this country to get over itself and just legalize it. I really think it might happen here in Colorado before it happens in other states.. We’ve got pretty liberal marijuana laws, and we’re having another vote in November to make the laws even more liberal. OH, and ONE ski town in Colorado it is completely legal. I can’t remember the name of it, but yeah totally legal there.

6. mmm. yeah I used to have really bad allergies that kept me from smoking anything, I still won’t smoke cigs because they bother my lungs but i’m not going to lie and say i’ve never smoked marijuana before. Whatever you believe however, for pot or against pot, at least you’re not the type that shoves your thoughts down others peoples throats. It goes alnog with the “my kink is not your kink” way of thinking, what’s good for you, may not be whats good for me, but that doesn’t mean it’s not good.

Oh, and the shower scene, made me laugh and go ‘oohh ;)’ at the same time. Nicely done :).

xx.

Before I wrote this entry, I wasn’t opposed, per se, to people who smoke cannabis. I was just unsure about weather or not I was gung ho on legalizing it for recreational use. To be honest, after I went to the convention, I learned a lot of things that I didn’t know and I totally support legalizing it for adult use recreational, medical, or other.

You aren’t the first and won’t be the last of my friends to tell me they either do or don’t smoke Mary Jane, and I really don’t care if you do or not. If it makes you happy, and you’re doing it in a safe legal manner (I’m using the “royal” you, lol) then I say, enjoy yourself. =^.~=

Hmmm, I should probably make a new post with my updated feelings on the subject.