A lot of people have been asking me if I am going to blog about this past weekend with Treasure and her Master Gaspar. Of course I will! But, because I am just built that way, I don’t like to go ahead and make blogs until I have all the pictures. So, if you’re waiting for me to write my blog post – you can go over to Treasure’s blog and beg her Master to send pics. Me? I’m in no rush. =^.~= In the meantime, here’s a teaser picture of me on the way up Mt. Evans. I know I look angry here, but it was brighter than it looks and so of course I was squintin’. Still, gorgeous scenery, yes?
Of course, the morning Treasure and Gaspar left I was a little bummed. I mean, it always sucks when good things must come to an end. Still, it was really great and mostly, I was feeling pretty good. I wasn’t stressed or worried about the upcoming move or anything. As I’m sitting there, and things are going well, I get a call. Caller ID says it’s Mom. OK. I pick up.
Not to be deterred from my relaxed state, I calmly told her that there wasn’t a single call on the caller ID from her, that there were no messages from her, and that we had received both messages and calls from Master’s Mom and other people all weekend, and that she needs to calm down.
“I THOUGHT YOU WOULD WANT TO KNOW WHAT’S GOING ON?!”
My bliss crushed by her lack of tact, I gave in to the screaming. I do wish she had actually called me, because I would have gladly returned her call. ::Sigh:: The phone call thing was another issue I would continue trying to tackle another day. (She somehow insists that I never get her calls, yet, Master and me have no issue receiving calls from anyone else. It’s really, really frustrating. We are both sure she is just plain not calling.) Anyway, unfortunately, Dad is in the hospital right now.
We don’t know exactly what’s wrong. He has lost a lot of blood somehow, and has had several transfusions. He’s had a lot of tests and they found some nodes in his esophagus. They are keeping him in the hospital until they get the results of the biopsy of the nodes in case they are cancerous, because I guess they will have to do surgery right away if they are. The results weren’t in as I am typing this (yesterday), but they should be in tomorrow (today). I have my fingers crossed and I am really hoping that he is okay and doesn’t have cancer.
p>While going back home for the wedding is making me a little nervous still (I don’t wanna…), I am glad we are going, because I do want to see Dad, regardless of outcome. (Though, as I mentioned, non-cancerous is still what we’re hoping for, obviously).